Articles

Advantages of Using Hypoallergenic Surgical Stainless Steel Jewelry

Surgical stainless steel is hypoallergenic metal, which means you won’t ever experience allergic reaction when you wear surgical stainless steel jewelry. At Mokam, we offer high quality 316L surgical stainless steel jewelry which is safe for people with metal allergies and sensitive skin.
Most of the gold and silver jewelries contain a significant “filler” part. Usually both pure gold (24K) and pure silver are too soft to wear and bend easily. This is why “fillers” are added. In reality, most common gold designs are actually 14K with filler metals for the rest. Nickel is the most common one being used in gold jewelry.
On the other hand, most of the silver jewelries are sterling silver, which is 92.5% pure silver. For the remaining part, that is 7.5% there is no industry standard for what metal is being used. Depending on the manufacturer, it could be copper, zinc or at the worse, lead. Because of the presence of filler metals in both gold and silver jewelry, you cannot be sure whether they are not creating any allergic reaction to you. But these filler metals need to be added to give the desired shape to the gold and silver jewelries.
Interestingly, 316 surgical stainless steel jewelry never tarnishes or changes color similar to silver jewelries. Surgical stainless steel jewelry is maintenance free, rust-free, it will never corrode or change color in freshwater, salt water and pool water. You do not even need to wear off surgical stainless steel jewelry when you are taking showers or doing work that may make your jewelry dirty. A simple cleaning with soap and water can do the trick of cleaning the jewelry at ease.
We have great collection of high quality 316L surgical stainless steel jewelry. Don’t forget to check it out.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *